We are hiring an Operations Manager!
the frank theatre company is a professional, Vancouver-based theatre company whose mission is to produce and promote Queer and sex-positive performance, facilitating a stronger Queer community by creating and encouraging the performing arts and artists. We strive to create greater positive public awareness and acceptance, through the performing arts, of individuals and groups outside of sexual and gender norms.
Administrative and Operational Management
- Daily operations and functions of the organization
- Maintaining records, databases, memberships and subscriptions
- Preparing, monitoring and revising the annual operating budget, and project budget with AD.
- Managing daily company finances, including processing accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, remittance of payroll deductions, banking and managing cash flow
- Works with the bookkeeper to maintain the company financial records.
- With the Artistic Director, maintains the frank communication platforms and creates and implements communication schedules and campaigns throughout the season
- Administers outreach activities with the Artistic Director
- Working with the Artistic Director to build the season schedule, assisting in the creation and implementation of both short and long-term projects
- Donor stewardship and engagement
- Assists the Artistic Director with grant writing, and collaborates on strategies and programming decisions
- With the Artistic Director and Board of Directors, revises and implements fundraising
- plans, and seeks new revenue generating opportunities
- Management of all contract staff, in co-ordination with the Artistic Director
- Overseeing the logistics and planning of all company events
- Prepares project budgets, manage and oversee the execution and reconciliation of
- production expenses, as well as track and process all revenues
- Collaborating with lead artists to create marketing copy and images for each show
- Overseeing the Newsletter and social media
- Website maintenance, including the creation of websites for touring shows
- Basic day to day office systems management
- The interim Operations Manager will have several weeks cross over with the Operation Manager.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in an arts-administration setting
- Proficient with basic programs including Excel, Word, WordPress, Quickbooks
- Social Media expertise an asset
- Grant writing experience an asset
- An interest and dedication to queer arts and performance
- Able to work independently and manage projects on their own
The Operations Manager will be engaged on a yearly contract, starting in September 2018
The Operations Manager will be engaged for 20 hrs/week at $18/hr.
Please send a CV and a brief cover letter outlining your administrative experience and your relationship to the queer arts community to Fay Nass at email@example.com with the subject line: Application: Operations Manager. Deadline: August 4th at midnight PST.